Call for Submissions - Short Stories and Non-Fiction Articles
Organised by expat writers group - Writers Abroad
Writers Abroad will be publishing their second Anthology entitled ‘Foreign Flavours’.
We are seeking submissions of short stories and non-fiction pieces on the general theme of food, drink and cooking from around the world. The anthology will be published as an e-book and as hard copy via Lulu Publishing.
This year Writers Abroad will be donating any profits made to The Book Bus (www.thebookbus.org) charity. Rhodesian-born novelist Alexander McCall Smith, creator of The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency Series, (www.alexandermccallsmith.co.uk) will be writing the foreword for the Anthology.
To see our first Anthology (2010) please visit Writers Abroad
Title: Foreign Flavours
Genre: Short Stories and Non-Fiction
Theme: Food, drink and cooking - around the world.
Contributions: Expat writers, or those writers who have been an expat at some time or another
Word Count: Fiction – up to 1700 words (flash fiction is welcome) Non-Fiction – up to 1000 words
Submission and Entry Rules:
● All submissions must be previously unpublished
● Submissions should be received by midnight Friday 9th September 2011
● Submissions must be in English
● References to pornography or racism will not be accepted
● Manuscripts must be submitted via the link at http://www.writersabroad.com/foreignflavours-
● The approximate word count should be inserted at the end of the submission
● Author name and title of the story or non-fiction piece should be placed in the left header of the document and page numbers in the right footer
● Manuscripts should be presented with double spacing and Times New Roman Font size 12.
● Queries only can be made via the contact button on the Submissions page
● Entries are free, only one entry per author, plus a short bio of 30 words
● Successful authors will be informed within two weeks of the closing date
● It will not be possible to provide feedback on submissions but successful stories will be edited and authors may be required to undertake minor changes for publication purposes
● Copyright will remain with the author and the stories will be published in an anthology in a number of formats.
● All proceeds from publication will be donated to the chosen charity.