Friday 1 November 2019

Friday Fiction Feature: Ninja School Mum

Delighted to feature Ninja School Mum by Lizzie Chantree

Hello everyone. My name is Lizzie Chantree and I am a romance author who writes novels that will hopefully make you smile. I am also a business mentor and my books are full of strong women with some pretty zany business ideas! I run a networking hour on Twitter called #CreativeBizHour to support creatives and really enjoy hearing from people who are following their dreams.

My books all have women in them who are stronger than they realise and because writing helped me through hard times in my life when my daughter was unwell for many years, I write stories full of love, romance and sunshine, in the hope of lifting others through their own troubled times.

One of my recent romance reads is called Ninja School Mum. It is about a single mum, called Skye, who is running from her past while trying to protect the future of her child. The story is about how hard it can be fitting into a new area and friendship group, not just for a child, but also for their parent. The story is full of laughter, friendship and playground gossip, as well as some sizzling men! 

Do you ever really know who you are standing next to on the school playground?

I wrote this book after standing on the school playground and glancing around at the groups of parents who were chatting and wondered what would happen if one of them had a really big secret or if they weren’t who they pretended to be. The story began to grow in my mind and Ninja School Mum was born. 

She’s feisty, obsessive compulsive and not looking for love at all. Love has other ideas though and when she meets sexy landowner Zack, she feels like she wants to run away again to protect her heart. Another of my characters is single mum Thea, who is desperate to find a new friend and when Skye arrives, she sets her sights on her, not realising the devastation that Skye’s past could bring to them all. This book has been described by a reviewer as a romance read with fire in it’s belly!

Wishing you all a fun filled and creative day. From Lizzie.

Bio: Award-winning inventor and author, Lizzie Chantree, started her own business at the age of 18 and became one of Fair Play London and The Patent Office’s British Female Inventors of the Year in 2000. She discovered her love of writing fiction when her children were little and now runs networking hours on social media, where creative businesses, writers, photographers and designers can offer advice and support to each other. She lives with her family on the coast in Essex.

Social media links:

Book links:

Critique Service for Writers

Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment