Tuesday 9 June 2020

D.I. Sterling Gains a New Fan

I love it when a review starts with a comment such as this: Thank Christ for Lorraine Mace and D. I. Sterling!!

This is what the reviewer had to say about Retriever of Souls, the first in the D.I. Sterling Thriller Series.

With the world being as it is right now... and with my hay fever making my life a misery... sleeping at night is almost an impossibility. This is where Lorraine Mace has been keeping me sane.

From the opening pages of this book, you are thrown headfirst into gore, intrigue and shenanigans! I like my crime novels to be pretty graphic, and Lorraine delivers that in shedloads in this book - the first I have read of hers. Throw in some deliciously flawed characters, interesting relationships and you've got a corker right there!

Rather than merely concentrate on the main characters, Lorraine takes the time to build the associated "cast" - which many authors fail to do. I liked trying to guess who the killer was - and of course I got it wrong. But the journey of discovery was superb.

Highly recommended.

Read the review on Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/33450349



Critique Service for Writers

Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment