Monday 8 June 2020

Running a marathon - who me?

My partner and I went to the glorious city of Seville for a long weekend earlier this year. It just so happened that we were there while the marathon was on. 

It was fabulous cheering on the runners – many of whom were on their last legs towards the end, but determined to make it across the finish line.

Chris said in passing, “we could do this next year.” I ignored him because I have never had any intention of taking part in a marathon, which is why I am totally bemused to find I have not only agreed to give it a go, I am, as of last week, in training!


The only way I can make sense of this is to believe he has hypnotised me and will one day snap his fingers to say you can stop training now and get some much needed rest!



Anyway, as it appears I will have to continue the training until the finger clicking happens, I’ve decided to keep a log of how I’m doing.



Last week (over five days) I ran a total of 30k. Sunday is the day for a long run and yesterday we did 10k. 

Each Monday I am going to post total distance for the week, plus the distance and time for the Sunday run.

I’m quite slow, so hope to be able to show an improvement in times as the weeks progress.



Sunday 7 June: Distance 10k time 01:22:19 (must do better)


Critique Service for Writers

Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment