Tuesday 21 July 2020

I Ran 16k and I Stayed Upright!

If anyone had told me that at the grand old age of 65 I was going to train for a marathon I would have laughed myself into stitches – instead of which, I have this tendency to fall over and (sometimes) require them.

Last Sunday I ran 16k. The last time I did that I fell after 1.5k and had to run the remaining 14.5k with blood running down my leg. Not a pretty sight for the poor passers-by and not comfortable for me. 


My knee is now on the mend and I only have the scabby remains to worry about.


Fortunately, this time I managed to stay upright for the full distance, which meant (in theory) I could enjoy the run more. In some ways I did, but as the humidity was excessive, I wasn’t able to attain a good pace. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

This shows how last week went, starting with the 5km on the Monday. I was pretty pleased with the total.

Mon

5km

Wed

6.5km

Thurs

 8km

Sat

 6.5km

Sun

 16km

Total

 42km

 

I’m sure my children and grandchildren think I’m mad, but I’m determined to give the Seville marathon a go. I’m a bit terrified of the week below when I have to do it, but as it’s a couple of months off, I’m not going to fret about it just yet!

Tues 

12km

Thurs

 13km

Sat 

13km

Sun 

32km

Total 

70km



Critique Service for Writers

Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment