Wednesday 9 September 2020

Interview with Patricia M Osborne

Today I am delighted to post an interview with Patricia M Osborne

Hi Lorraine, thank you for inviting me on to your blog.

What genre would you say your novels fall into, or do they defy classification?

My novels are family saga but can also come under historical and literary fiction.

What made you choose that genre?

I was inspired to write family sagas having enjoyed reading them since I was around sixteen and I love watching period dramas.

How long does it take you to write a book?

Normally around a year but with House of Grace and The Coal Miner’s Son I left them to hang around on my PC while working on my Creative Writing MA.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

Mornings are for marketing, blog entries, and editing or marking other writers’ work, thus giving me afternoons and evenings to work on my own stuff. However, it doesn’t always pan out that way and more often than not, work for others often takes over – I’m trying hard to claw back time and stick to a routine. For instance, recently I made a pact to have weekends off except for my own writing.  

Tell me something about yourself your readers might not know.

I didn’t learn to ride a bike until I was around 8 or 9 years old as I never had one. One day we’d gone over to visit relatives in Chester, my cousin was playing out on his bike and he encouraged me to have a ride. I got on, was a bit wobbly, but then managed to cycle around the block.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I wrote my first book when I was 58 but I was 62 before I finally got around to having it published.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I enjoy walking around National Trust property venues and like to take photographs as inspiration in my storytelling. I love swimming, reading, and playing my piano.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

How my characters become real, not only to me but to my readers.

How many books have you written?

I have written and published two books to date. House of Grace and The Coal Miner’s Son. I’m hoping ‘The Granville Legacy’ (my work in progress) will join them by Spring 2021.

Do you Google yourself? What did you find that affected you most (good or bad)?

I have googled myself and I would say mostly ‘good’ but not so good when I discovered a Patricia M Osborne listed under ‘Find a grave’.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

As a young child I longed to be a ballerina. I never did ballet classes as I came from a large family and my parents were too poor to pay the fees. I used to tune in to classical music on our old wireless and dance around the living room.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have on your computer?

I have two finished and published, one half-finished and two others, a few chapters in.

Thank you for inviting me, Lorraine. Your questions were fun to answer.

About Patricia M Osborne

Patricia M Osborne is married with grown-up children and grandchildren. She was born in Liverpool but now lives in West Sussex. In 2019 she graduated with an MA in Creative Writing (University of Brighton).

Patricia writes novels, poetry and short fiction, and has been published in various literary magazines and anthologies. She has two published novels, House of Grace and The Coal Miner’s Son and her debut poetry pamphlet ‘Taxus Baccata’ was published by Hedgehog Poetry Press in July 2020.

She has a successful blog at Whitewings.com where she features other writers and poets. When Patricia isn’t working on her own writing, she enjoys sharing her knowledge, acting as a mentor to fellow writers and as an online poetry tutor with Writers’ Bureau.

Links to Social Media

Website

Facebook

Twitter

Linked-In

Instagram

Links to Books

http://mybook.to/HouseofGrace

http://mybook.to/Thecoalminerson

Signed Paperbacks

https://whitewingsbooks.com/shop/

Critique Service for Writers


Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment