Thursday 12 November 2020

Author interview with Lisa Rose Wright

Author interview with Lisa Rose Wright. 


What genre would you say your novels fall into, or do they defy classification?

My books are travelogue memoirs about our life here in beautiful green Galicia

What made you choose that genre?

I guess because I felt I had a story to tell which might interest readers, and maybe even encourage people to find this lovely, little known area of Spain

How long does it take you to write a book?

Well, I suppose my first book was ten years in the making. I wrote odd stories down from time to time with no clear idea what to do with them until I joined a writers’ group. I then wrote a short story as a reader magnet which only took me a couple of months. My second book is at the editing stage now and I’ve started making notes for book three. I think they will each end up being a year in the making.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

I don’t really have a set schedule though I do get itchy fingers if I don’t write for a couple of hours a day. I sit typing and staring out of the window at my lovely view!

Tell me something about yourself your readers might not know.

Aged eight I won a writing competition with the milk marketing board. My prize was a two foot high Rupert Bear. He was adorable!

When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I suppose I wrote my first ‘book’ around age ten. It was a collection of nine stories about creatures living on each of the planets in the solar system! My first published book went on sale in Amazon stores on July 1st this year at age 55 so it’s taken a while!

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

If I’m not writing you can usually find me on my huerta sowing, planting, weeding or harvesting our produce, or in my kitchen preserving the harvest or baking cakes…my favourite pastime!

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

That I can apparently write things people want to read. It sounds daft but I was always shy of letting people read my efforts until I entered a competition in a local anthology called The Good Life in Galicia. In the second year I won second in the non-fiction section. That was a revelation.

How many books have you written?

I have one full length memoir and a short story ‘prequel’ both on Amazon. I also have a free Christmas story out this month and I’m planning on book two of the Writing Home series being out next spring.

Do you Google yourself? What did you find that affected you most (good or bad)?

No, I never do…is that odd?

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?

I always wanted to work with animals though I did have a brief spell of wanting to be a bus conductor when I was six.

How many unpublished and half-finished books do you have on your computer?

Ah well, on my computer only the WiP and a short Christmas story for release in December. In my notepads though I have many more half-baked ideas for memoirs and even a couple of novels…one day!

 Author Bio:

In 2007 Lisa left a promising career as an ecologist catching protected reptiles and amphibians, and kissing frogs, to move to beautiful green Galicia with her blue-eyed prince (who has since become her blue-eyed husband but that’s another story).

She divides her time equally between growing her own food, helping to renovate a semi-derelict house (or actually two… but that’s another story too) and getting out and about to discover more of the stunningly beautiful area she calls home.

Lisa is happiest outside in her huerta weeding, watching the antics of her chickens or in her kitchen cooking interesting recipes on her wood burning range.

Plum, Courgette & Green Bean Tart is her first memoir. Book two of the writing home series will feature more anecdotes, more letters home and more recipes. Oh and more bureaucracy! Tomato, Fig & Sweetcorn Jelly will be available in 2021. In the meantime there is a short story prequel Camino available on Amazon or free to subscriber’s to Lisa’s newletter.

 

Links:

Website http://www.lisarosewright.wixsite.com/author

Blog http://www.lisarosewright.wixsite.com/author/blog

Amazon author page https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B6CXX8H

Goodreads. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/54150601-plum-courgette-green-bean-tart

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lisarosewright.author

 

Books:

Plum, Courgette & Green Bean Tart – A year to write home about http://www.smarturl.it/PlumCourgetteBean

Camino, or a Peanut Butter, Marmite & Banana Butty – a sort of prequel

http://www.smarturl.it/PeanutButty

Tomato, Fig & Sweetcorn Jelly –A year to write home about too (coming soon)

Christmas in Galicia – a Free short story download. My Christmas gift to anyone purchasing Plum, Courgette & Green Bean Tart in December.



Critique Service for Writers

Writing Competitions

Join the D.I. Sterling Mailing List for News, Updates and Giveaways

No comments:

Post a Comment